Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Spring Break Saved Me

Thank God for spring break!! I seriously needed a break from everything that was going on here, and home was the right place to be. Even though the week wasn't all flowers and sunshine, it was an awesome week.

First of all when I got of the airplane my mom told me that my grandma was really sick. I am not that terribly close with my grandma but it also meant that mom and dad were leaving to Alberta for the week. So then that made me 'mom' of the house if you will, and I don't really get to see my parents much when I'm home. But I had a good time being 'mom' I guess. My brother, sister and I hung out a lot and had some pretty awesome times, like trying Thai food for the first time and actually knowing what chop suey is.. lol! But yea my sister is going through some drama and it was good to actually kinda talk with her and see that it wasn't as bad as I first heard about it. So that really put my mind at ease as well just seeing that she is doing ok and that I can trust her.

And I got to spend the week with one of persons I love the most. My wonderful significant other... what a guy. He seriously surprises me every time I hang out with him. But yea once again not all flowers and sunshine. We had a pretty messy talk... well more messy on my end. We kinda got into detail about what I have all done physically in my past relationship. And it definitely surpassed anything that he had ever done... and wow to see him hurt like that... it just killed me inside. I felt so helpless and really it felt like sorry, or any amount of words for that matter, could not even begin to make things right. That is the worst feeling ever...it brings me to tears now just thinking about it now. So if you are reading this, and your in a relationship that you don't really know if you are gunna end up with this person. Seriously, don't fool around. It's not just your life your messing with. Believe it or not you are hurting your future spouse... yea just don't do it. But after that talk I fell more in love with him.. I didn't even know this was possible... lol! He is just amazing... ladies I really do hope you find someone as wonderful as I have :)

And I got to see my friends a little.... less than what I wanted to. One week is so hard to try and fit everyone in and then try and be with your boyfriend as well... and then family. So I really am sorry to those I didn't really see or hang out with. It will definitely be different once I am actually living at home! Promise!!!!

So yes I come back from those 10 days just feeling incredibly rejuvenated! My love tank is full ready just to spill out into the hearts of these young people that I am working with. It feels so good to actually want to be here, and knowing that I am emotionally able to do this again. I was feeling so empty before spring break, I seriously felt like colapsing. So thank you to those at home that listened to me, and poured love into me. You have definitely blessed me more than you will ever know. I am hoping that these 3 months go by fast, but not too fast that I ignore what God wants me to do before I leave here. Keep me in your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment