Yup I do enjoy folk music. Honestly... I think I enjoy it because I can see myself playing and singing this genre. It just seems like it doesn't matter if you have a 'pretty' voice. It can be raspy or you can be an alto... it doesn't matter. Folk artists seem to play because they just love producing music. They love to sing, so they will sing. They love to play... so they will play guitar/piano/accordion/harmonica or what have you!
Yesterday I went to a show in Winnipeg and Andy Shauf, Zachary Lucky and The Bravest Ghost were playing. What an amazing show! I felt so relaxed and I could have sat there forever and listened to them play. They made it look so easy you know. Their fingers just flowed up and down the guitar and these incredible melodies came from their mouths... I WANNA DO THAT! lol! I do, I do, I do!!! I wanna play in a coffee shop, I wanna inspire people, I just wanna play and sing! But I get to insecure. Seriously playing guitar and singing is one of my first loves.. but having people hear me is one of my worst nightmares. Especially songs that I have written. GAH! dumb dumb....yup.
soooo yes maybe you will be hearing some folk tunes in the future... no promises though!
No comments:
Post a Comment