Sunday, February 28, 2010

Best Valentines Gift EVER!

Yes indeed I do have the most wonderful significant other. For Valentines Day he bought me a ticket back home to Leamington! So let's just say this last weekend I was blessed immensely!! You see before I went home for the weekend I had a really stressful day. Why?

Ok so there is a wonderful student here at MCI that I have gotten to know quite well. She is a little rough around the edges, but really deep down has a heart of gold. She came here to MCI in the middle of October. Before this, she dropped out of school for a year because she was struggling with some really deep and heavy issues. We connected right from the start and I was beginning to form a really good relationship with her. Well as the weeks continued her old habbits started to set in again. Sleeping in, not going to class, staying up late, disrepesting authority. I tried to stick with her through this and would try to encourage her to come out of it but it seemed like nothing really was working. The principal, for lack of better words, kicked her out of school for a weekend to give her a wake up call. He told her if she didn't start attending classes she would be asked to leave. After the 'wake up call weekend' she was ready to give this class thing another shot. She went to all of her classes for 2 days in a row! Immpressive for her (sad I know). But then once again she slipped back into her habbits of sleeping in and when us deans would try and wake her up her response would sound something like, "...go away" "don't! .. leave me alone! I wanna sleep" So this is what I let her do. And last Wednesday 6 days after the 'wake up call weekend" she was asked to leave campus and not to come back. And the saddest thing was she wanted to be here but wasn't motivated to fight for it. Moreover that Wednesday I cried. I cried because at the time I think I was blamming myself; thinking that because I 'gave up' on her is the reason why she is going home. Oh and the cherry on top of this big mess of a cake is: Her mom kicked her out of the house. She is 16, its averaging a good -15 outside, she has no job/money... what is she supposed to do? But I guess this is where all I can do is pray for her and leave it all in God's hands.

So yea after that whole ordeal of teary goodbyes, I took off to Winnipeg where the next day I would fly home and see my wonderful boyfriend. Seriously this time I was kinda nervous. I don't know why... Maybe it just was the overwhelming excitment that I would see him again! yea... thats it! lol! And really we spent the weekend doing nothing, which was amazing especially after that crazy rollercoaster ride of emotion. Seriously to all those people who work in emotionally draining situations, make sure you take care of yourself. Take time to chill out and relax and do nothing. Recharge your batteries or you will have nothing to give to those that you are supposed to take care of.

well there is my rant for the day.

God keep her safe, guide her way.

No comments:

Post a Comment