So if you haven't heard yet; and you have been living under a rock if you haven't, a MASIVE earthquake hit Haiti on Tuesday. And it is sitting really heavy in my heart and I believe everyone should know about this and be praying for them because Haiti is a country in need. This country is the poorest of all countries in the Western hemisphere as well as the most densely populated.
80% of Haitians live in poverty... 80%!!! And not like poverty here in Canada. Technically I live under the poverty line and I have a warm house to go to, a bed, clothes, a car, an education, I am always full... and I even have a gym membership because I eat too much.... ironic??? But yet 80% of Haitians are scavenging for whatever food they can find, and if they don't find anything they starve. And now a natural disaster stikes on this country that is hanging on by it's fingertips.
Right now they aren't quite sure what the causality rate is but they are guessing it is up in the 100 000's. I dunno.. it just all seems a little unfair?? ( I kinda feel dumb saying that) But since when is life fair... please please please keep Haiti in your prayers...
See for yourself...
http://www.woodtv.com/dpps/news/international/Haiti-Earthquake-in-Pictures_3187161#
No comments:
Post a Comment